Below is an interactive version of Samantha Rodgers’ Resume, which has links to other parts of her portfolio.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (you can also click Contact Us above)
Summer Student Internship
Goal-driven computer science student with a background in business administration including needs/market analyses and database management. Customer service professional with 5+ years of experience in office administration, inside and retail sales, and call centre experience. Co-operative team player who enjoys finding creative solutions, and alternate possibilities. Detailed-orientated with advanced MS Excel knowledge including Pivot Table. Strong CRM database experience including MS Access knowledge in creating queries, forms and reports to assist with data analysis.
Education and Certificates
Bachelor of Science – Computer Science and Co-op Student | Sept 2016 – Current | University of Regina
Emergency First Aid/CPR – Level C | Sept 2016| Canadian Red Cross
Business Administration Diploma – Co-op | Sept 2013 – May 2015 | Nova Scotia Community college
Co-op Student – Instructional Design Assistant | University of Regina – Centre for Continuing Education | May 2017 – Current
Description to come…
Community Assistant | University of Regina – Residence Services | September 2016 – April 2017
First point of contact for students and hotel guests, providing excellent customer service, which was reported by students and guests alike. Monitoring residence space, including identifying maintenance issues and preparing a shift reports. Perform administrative tasks, including editing documents through clarifying technical language. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
– Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills, managers frequently comment that situations are handled fantastically.
Financial Services Representative | CIBC Halifax/Regina inbound Call Centre | March 2015 – September 2016
Front line point of contact for customers, using multiple databases to run customer needs and gap analysis. Problem solving using content management systems, determining the best possible solution given the situation. Using consultative and needs based sales, developing rapport with the client, analysing the effectiveness of specific products for clients. Proactively addressed and resolved customer issues and concerns – investigating and understanding underlying root cause and escalating complex or unresolved customer situations to assistant manager or CS team.
– Provided constructive feedback to improve searching through previous transactions in specific databases.
– Assisting clients how to best utilise database search functions.
– Performing boolean searches within databases.
Visitor Services Attendant | Kejimkujik National Park and historic Site | May 2013 – September 2014
Represented the prestigious image of this national historic site in a high-profile position requiring public contact with both local and international visitors. Reorganised marketing materials to run more efficiently and operated automated payment system, processing 5 to 150 daily transactions.
– Entrusted with opening and closing of reception booth and daily reconciliation of cash and credit card transactions.
– Operated 6-line phone system, routing calls/faxes appropriately, and relaying messages accurately. Saved manager’s time by screening calls appropriately.
Vice President of Services | Nova Scotia Community College Student Association | October 2013 – April 2014
Promoted from Social Coordinator position after three months. Planned and coordinated school and association conferences, meetings, tours, and special events. Saved $2,000 over course of tenure. Coordinated with VP Communications to create updates for news, including providing information of various services around the campus and different not-for-profit organisation events in the community, creating Facebook and Twitter Campaigns.
– Coordinated production, distribution, and reviewing of event participant surveys.
– Arranged all on-site logistics, including transportation, accommodations, meals, guest speakers, and audiovisual support for three annual events.
Skills & Abilities
- MailChimp, Facebook, Facebook Pages, Facebook Campaigns, Twitter, Twitter Campaigns, Hootsuite, YouTube, WordPress, WordPress Analytics, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Search Engine Optimization, Content Creation (Blogging, Facebook, Twitter)
- MS Office, (Word, Advanced Excel, Access, Outlook, Publisher, Project), SAP, Sharepoint